Sunday, March 21, 2010

{Real Party} - Valentines Favors

This year I got very excited about Valentine’s Day and made favors for both of my daughters classmates , teachers and school staff.


For my three year old I bought M&M’s and packed in a long zip lock bag, made a special valentine label and viol la!


For her teachers I bought some chocolates from Brazil – (Sonho de Valsa – very popular chocolate made of a cashew paste surrounded by a thin crunchy wafer covered in chocolate) – and put them in clear pillow boxes tied with pink and red ribbons (also from Brazil). Very simple and easy!
 

For my five year old I was more elaborated and made cute felt hearts to go with the rice crispy treats. The treats were wrapped in a craft paper and a valentine sticker. I included in the bag some 3D glasses I found in a special shop.
 



For her teachers and school staff (15 people!) I made chocolate chip cookies cheesecake and had the idea of packing them in mason jars (got the idea from a cupcake in a jar). Since I had two different sizes of jars (8oz and 4oz) I decided to use the big for the cheesecake and the small for a coconut mousse & berries coulis I always make. The results were cute (I think the cheesecakes were a little too dry...) and the coconut mousse was a hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment